Today’s recipe for taco bean dip is one from my childhood. My mom got the recipe from a friend and it is one that I remember really enjoying.
My mom didn’t make it often but when she did it was a treat. I remember mainly having it at family parties. Each year we would have a progressive dinner with our extended family. Any time we had the appetizer at our house, I remember this being included in the selection my mom put out.
You serve it topped with sour cream, olives, and green onions. Personally, I like to have the toppings off to the side so you can top each individual serving with them.
Taco Bean Dip
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- 1 10 3/4 oz can tomato soup
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 2 16 oz cans refried beans
- 1 8 oz bottle medium taco sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or colby jack
- sour cream slice olives, and green onion for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown beef with the onion until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in the tomato soup and taco seasoning and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Then mix in the refried beans, taco sauce, and shredded cheese.
- Pour mixture into a 2 qt baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, olives, and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips.