So if you couldn’t tell, this weeks recipe is all about the Super Bowl. However, the recipes are all tasty for anytime of year. Today, I am sharing a slow cooker taco dip.
This makes a lot of dip so it’s perfect to serve at get togethers. It is like the hot version of seven layer dip but includes meat! I think most Super Bowl fans will be happy and won’t be askin’ “where’s the beef?” if you serve this.
You can dip chips in this tasty dip, but I also like to spoon it over tortilla chips like nachos! You could even top with olives of jalapeños too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) jar medium salsa
- 1 (15 oz) jar or can of nacho cheese sauce/queso (I used Tostitos Queso)
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans (I used Bush’s)
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
- tortilla chips (to eat the dip with)
- In a skillet, brown beef and drain off any excess grease. Then season beef with taco seasoning according pkg directions.
- Add beef to slow cooker along with salsa, nacho cheese, and refried beans.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours stirring half way through.
- If desired, mix in sour cream and heat for about 5 minutes and serve. Sour cream adds son extra creaminess. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from The Magical Slow Cooker.