It seems like the Super Bowl and chili go hand and hand. So, I have a beefy slow cooker chili for ya today that should please your football fans just in time for the big game!
This chili is nice and meaty. It will definitely give everyone a full belly! I also used Bush’s new kidney chili beans in this recipe, but pinto or red chili beans would also work. You can also use the version in spicy sauce if you really want your chili to have a nice kick!
I do love to have a variety of toppings for my chili. What is use varies depending on my mood but I like cheese, sour cream, green onion, and Fritos! Serve it with what ever you like. I would love to hear what you like to use so leave a comment!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 diced onion
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can Bush’s Kidney Chili Beans in mild sauce
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- In a skillet brown, beef along with onions and garlic, until beef is fully cooked and onions are translucent. Drain off any excess grease.
- Place cooked beef mixture in a crock pot along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serves 8-10.
Have toppings for your chili like shredded cheese, green onion, sour cream, fritos, etc.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.