Today, I am doing something that I haven’t done before on my blog – a virtual link up. I am doing this in partnership with Bush’s Beans and Aggie’s Kitchen. First off, I am going to share my recipe for Simple Chili and Bush’s Beans.
The theme for this link up is “Winter Comfort Foods”. For me, one of my favorite winter comfort foods is a nice hot bowl of chili. I also love to add some toppings – diced onion, shredded cheese, corn chips, or a dollop of sour cream. I also love the heartiness of chili. It is so filling you could eat just that for your meal. However, I do love to pair it with corn bread or breadsticks! This one is easy to make and kicks a nice change of flavor from the addition of chili sauce!
So now just below the recipe is where you get to be involved.
You can link up a recipe on your site for your favorite winter comfort food.
There are a few requirements. This contest is now closed!
- Share a quick and easy comfort food recipes using Bush’s Beans that are perfect for weeknight and everyday gatherings around the winter comfort food theme in the link up widget at the bottom of this post.
- There is no restriction on the number of recipe entries readers can submit.
- You may use recipes that are previously posted on your blog.
- If you don’t have a blog, you can leave the recipe in the comments section of this blog post.
- You must include “Join Aggie’s Kitchen and Real Mom Kitchen to share a family favorite Winter Comfort Food recipe for the Bush’s Beans Recipe Exchange!” somewhere in the recipe post you are linking-up to.
- The recipe must include one of the following ingredients: Kidney Beans, Black Beans, Garbanzo Beans, Pinto Beans, Great Northern Beans, Cannellini Beans (all recipes with Cannellini Beans should include “or Great Northern Beans”) and Chili Beans.
- After linking up your recipe, comment on this blog post saying that you linked up.
By linking up you are, you are entered in to a giveaway which includes:
Bush’s Beans coupons for 10 free cans, $100 Visa Gift Card and a Le Creuset Signature Enameled Cast Iron French Oven, 5.5 Qt. Round. Isn’t that a great prize?
You can earn dditional entries for the giveaway through any of the following:
- Tweet about the Link-Up (using the hashtag #BushsBeans and tagging @BushBeans and @realmomktichen) and leave a comment on this post telling me you did.
- Follow Bush’s Beans Facebook page and leave a comment on this post telling me you did.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cans Bush’s chili beans, undrained
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, brown beef with onions until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the beef mixture and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Serves 6.
You can always add a little more chili sauce for extra kick and sweetness.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Winner of this contest is Kelly who shared her mom’s baked bean quesadilla recipe. Congrats Kelly!