This post contains affiliate links.
It’s that time of year to make chili! We always have chili for dinner on Halloween. I can’t believe it’s almost here! I recently decided to create a new chili recipe using a can of baked beans – baked bean chili. The great thing about baked beans is they have already been slow cooked and simmered which gives them a rich and flavorful sauce. So the work of making a flavorful chili has pretty much already been done for you.
To make this chili, I used a 28 oz can of Bush’s Bold & Spicy Baked Beans. It had a lot of the flavors that I look for in a chili – pinto beans that have been seasoned with cilantro, cumin, bacon, and brown sugar. It was the perfect flavor combination.
I also used a can of Bush’s red chili beans with mild chili sauce (use Bush’s chili beans with medium or hot chili sauce for more of a kick). Again, the work has already been done for you here – red beans cooked with spices that help just add the flavor of the chili without all the work.
This chili was a cinch to make and the family loved it. We enjoyed it one night along with some corn bread. Then we had enough leftover to have Navajo tacos another night. Give it a try and see how easy it is to make a flavorful chili in no time.
Baked Bean Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (28 oz) can Bush’s Bold & Spicy Baked Beans
- 1 (16 oz) can Bush’s Red Chili Beans in mild sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef with diced onion until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serves 6-8.
Real Mom Kitchen original.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.