My family LOVES pizza. We love it so much that we have it once a week! Here is another way to get your pizza fix if you are a fan like we are. This version comes together in a jiffy with the use of crescent roll dough. Then it is topped with a simple ground beef mixture and cheese. All the pizza basics!Print
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook onion, beef, and garlic until beef is fully cooked. Drain off and excess grease.
- Add red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and pizza sauce to the beef mixture. Reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer for 10 minutes,
- Meanwhile, spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with crescent dough and press to seal seams.
- Sprinkle dough with 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture over the crust and top with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining meat mixture. Then top with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish.