I am counting down the days to my absolute favorite holiday – Thanksgiving. Now, I LOVE Thanksgiving! I love the food, I love being with family, and I love looking at everything I am thankful for! The past few years, it seems like retailers have been slowly creeping Christmas into Thanksgiving. I am all for Black Friday. It was part of Thanksgiving in my book.
I understand retailers wanting to get your dollar, but it takes people away from spending time with their family in order to work on Thanksgiving. Plus, others feel the need to shop on Thanksgiving to get that “deal”. It is hard to not want to save that extra money with a crazy economy. So, I encourage you to not shop on Thanksgiving if you have a choice. Do what you wish, but that is my thoughts on the issue.
Anyway, I want to share with you 10 things I am thankful for this year. One of those 10 things is Thanksgiving leftovers. The recipe today for Quick White Bean Turkey Chili is a perfect way to change up your leftover turkey. Plus, after a long day of cooking on Thanksgiving, this is simple to make and comes together fast. If you need more ideas for leftover recipes, check out this post I put together last year of 20 recipes to utilize those delicious Thanksgiving leftovers.
Here are the other ten things I am thankful for:
- My family.
- My home.
- Being able to do a job that I love.
- My health.
- Hugs from my daughter.
- Other creative people who inspire me.
- A good book to read.
- Amazing doctors.
- Thanks giving leftover to make things like this quick white bean turkey chili.
- 2Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) jar green salsa
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes (1 drained, 1 undrained)
- 2 (4.5 oz) cans diced chiles
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 (15.8 oz) can Bush’s Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Bush’s Cannellini Beans, drained
- 3–4 cups diced cooked turkey
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado chopped, optional
- In a 4 qt sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender.
- Add salsa, tomatoes, chiles, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Stir in beans and cooked turkey and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each bowl with cheese, cilantro, and avocado, if desired. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Bush Beans.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.