This ravioli casserole is a quick and easy way to basically make a lasagna. You use ravioli. Now this ingenious idea wasn’t mine. This is another recipe that I got from a Quick Cooking magazine (now called Simple and Delicious). I’ve probably had this recipe since 1999 or 2000.
The thing that’s also so great about this recipe is even though it calls for frozen cheese ravioli, you can us any kind of ravioli you like. It can also be fresh instead of frozen if you prefer. You just cook it according to package directions and follow this recipe. If you use regular ravioli it makes a great meatless dish. However, I have used spinach ravioli and chicken ravioli to make this before and they all turned out wonderful.
- SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- FROZEN CHEESE RAVIOLI
- SMALL CURD COTTAGE CHEESE
- SHREDDED MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (25 oz) pkg. frozen cheese ravioli, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (16 oz) small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread ½ cup of spaghetti sauce in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. The layer in this order – half the ravioli, 1 ¼ cups of sauce, 1 cup cottage cheese, and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. 6 to 8 servings.
Original photo from this recipe. Above photo was updated in May 2013.