This post may contain affiliate links.
I have shared a recipe for toasted ravioli before, but it requires deep frying it in oil. Today’s recipe for oven toasted ravioli is a healthier alternative because it is baked instead of fried. Toasted ravioli is an appetizer you can see often on restaurant menus. However, it is fairly simple to make at home.
Frozen cheese ravioli is thawed and then dipped in an egg/milk mixture. I used round ravioli, but square will work too. Then it’s coated in a mixture of Italian seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Place them on a baking sheet and spray with some cooking spray. Then it’s time to bake. It only takes 12-15 minutes to bake at 375 degrees.
My kids loved this oven toasted ravioli. I must admit, I still prefer the fried version. It just has a really great crunch to it that you just can’t achieve any other way. However, this really is tasty for a baked version. Not as crispy but still tasty. Serve it with marinara or Alfredo sauce on the side for dipping.
- ROUND FROZEN CHEESE RAVIOLI
- ITALIAN SEASONED BREAD CRUMBS
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- NON-STICK COOKING SPRAY
- MARINARA OR ALFREDO SAUCE
Oven Toasted Ravioli
- 1 (25 oz) bag round frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- non-stick cooking spray
- marinara or alfredo sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk together.
- In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- dip ravioli in egg mixture followed by bread crumb mixture and place on a baking sheet. Once all ravioli is coated spray ravioli lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve with marinara or Alfredo sauce. Makes about 24 ravioli.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.