This recipe for tomato spinach ravioli is so easy and so tasty. It’s tasty enough that you could serve it for guests and the would be impressed and never guess how easy this was to make. Plus, it’s ready in about 30 minutes.
The creamy tomato and spinach sauce dresses up a regular old package of frozen cheese ravioli. You could always use tortellini instead if you want to. Either would work just fine.
- 1 (24 oz) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 cup spinach (you can chop it if you’d like but I leave it whole)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- While ravioli cooks, use a large sauce pan and add in the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, bail and garlic. Cook over medium heat to a simmer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, milk and cream until blended. Once the tomato mixture is simmering slowly stir in the cream mixture. Then add in the cheese. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2 minutes until thick.
- Drain pasta but do not rinse it. Toss the pasta in the sauce ad serve. Serves 4-6.