Summertime is a great time to utilize your slow cooker for cooking meals. These pork burritos won’t heat up the house like and oven would and you can let it cook all day while you go off and have fun in the sun!
I have a great pork slow cooker recipe for you all today. The pork roast cooks all day with the seasonings. Then it’s time to shred the meat and ad in a can of refried beans and green chilies.
Place the hearty filling inside soft flour tortillas followed by what ever else you like. We like lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- 1 (3 lb) pork sirloin roast
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans (I prefer Bush’s brand)
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 8 burrito sized flour tortillas
- Desired toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, diced tomatoes, guacamole, etc
- Place the roast in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine the broth, taco seasoning, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until tender.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker and shred. Remove and reserve liquid from the slow cooker.
- Place roast back in the slow cooker and add in 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid along with the refried beans and green chilies. Add in any more reserved liquid if needed. Turn to high and allow to cook until heated through. This will only take about 15 minutes.
- Place about 1 cup of filling in the center of each tortilla top with desired toppings. Roll up burrito style and serve. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.