This week is going to be recipes that all would be perfect for breakfast on Christmas morning. I always enjoy a yummy hot drink like this nutella hot chocolate Christmas morning. Last year I shared a delicious hot cocoa recipe and ideas for a hot cocoa bar.
This year I found a great twist on the normal hot chocolate, it’s hot chocolate made with nutella. Let me just say that it is OHHHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD. I adapted it from a recipe I found through Tastespotting at Babble. This hot chocolate is so rich and creamy with that great chocolate/hazelnut flavor from the hazelnut spread. This is my new addiction.
- WHOLE MILK
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS OR WHIPPED CREAM
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- mini marshmallows or whipped cream
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, whisk together milk and Nutella until the Nutella is melted and milk gets nice and warm.
- Serve in mugs and top with marshmallows or whipped cream. Makes 4 servings.
- This can be made ahead of time, cooled, and stored in the fridge. Reheated on the stove or microwave in individual mugs. If microwaving, reheat each cup for about 1 minute.
Original Photo from post. Photo above updated Jan 2013.