This post may contain affiliate links.
Today is the last of the hot drink recipes that I have for you and it is my favorite. Now, I have shared a nutella hot chocolate recipe before but this Black Bottom Hot Chocolate takes it up a level.
The other nutella hot chocolate recipe I have is simple – made with nutella and milk. This version is more decadent and include milk, nutella, marshmallow cream and cream. Plus you serve it in a glass mug and add a little nutella to the bottom of each glass. Then as you get to the bottom of the drink, you get a super blast of nutella flavor as you finish it of.
To make it even more decadent, it gets topped with a marshmallow whipped cream. I also have shared a recipe before for marshmallow whipped cream where mini marshmallows get folded into whipped cream and then used to top a mug of hot chocolate. This recipe combine marshmallow fluff and whipped cream. It is my new favorite way to top any mug of hot chocolate. It really is the best idea ever!
Black Bottom Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup marshmallow cream (aka fluff)
- 1/3 cup plus 4 heaping Tbsp hazelnut spread (Nutella), divided
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- In a saucepan, whisk together heavy cream, marshmallow cream, 1/3 hazelnut spread, and milk. Heat over low heat until blended and heated.
- To serve, place one Tbsp of remaining hazelnut spread into the bottom of each of 4 clear glass mugs. Ladle in the hot chocolate carefully (do not stir) over nutella, then top with a large dollop of marshmallow whipped cream (recipe below). Garnish chocolate shavings.
Marshmallow Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream (aka fluff)
- Beat cream and marshmallow cream in the bowl with an electric mixer until medium peaks form. Refrigerate until needed.
Recipe adapted from Mississippi Kitchen.
[…] Black Bottom Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow Whipped Cream Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Waffles Candy Cane Chocolate Bread Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting Double Chocolate Crunch Homemade Ice Cream Easy Chocolate Filled Croissants Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes One Bowl Chocolate Cake Frozen Hot Chocolate Vanishing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Chocolate Chip Pancakes Mint Chocolate Chip Brownie Sundae Bars Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars Chocolate Pretzel Pecan Pie Chocolate Peppermint Twist Cupcakes The Perfect Chocolate Cake Chocolate Oreo Cream Cake Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Chili’s Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie […]