Today’s s’mores recipe comes in drink form, an icy drink to be exact. This S’mores Sipper begins with an icy milk chocolate base topped with a marshmallow whipped cream. The cream is amazing. the base begins by chopping some chocolate into small pieces and then melting in the microwave. Once melted, you mix in some chocolate drink mix and sugar. Then you slowly add some of the milk and stir until smooth. Then allow the mixture to cool.
Once that chocolate mixture has cooled to room temperature, you add it to a blender with some more milk and ice. You then blend it until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri.
For the cream on top, you beat the marshmallow crème with an electric mixer while slowly mixing in whipping cream. When it is well blended, mix on high and whip until soft peaks form.
To finish it off, the rim of the glass gets a coating of crushed graham crackers which is just enough to add that graham flavor as you sip the drink. You can also add a little shaved chocolate to the top if you desire. Who knew you could drink a s’more!
- MILK CHOCOLATE (I USED CHOCOLATE CHIPS)
- CHOCOLATE DRINK MIX (LIKE NESQUICK)
- WHIPPING CREAM
- MARSHMALLOW CREME
- GRAHAM CRACKER SHEETS
- CORN SYRUP
- ICE CUBES
- SHAVED CHOCOLATE, OPTIONAL FOR GARNISH
Real Mom Kitchen
- 8 ounces milk chocolate I used chocolate chips
- 4 tsp chocolate drink mix like Nesquick
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 cups milk divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 2 graham cracker sheets finely crushed
- corn syrup
- 6 cups ice cube
- shaved chocolate optional for garnish
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt in microwave on low heat. Once melted, add chocolate drink mix and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended. Slowly add 1 cup milk, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Place marshmallow crème into a medium sized bowl. With an electric mixer, slowly mix in whipping cream, scraping down sides as needed. When well blended, place mixer on high and whip until soft peaks form. Place in refrigerator.
- Prepare drink glasses, lightly dip the top outer rim of the glass with corn syrup. Dip or press graham cracker crumbs on the edge.
- (If you have a smaller blender you may need to divide ingredients in half to blend)In blender, place the remaining 2 cup milk, room-temperature chocolate mixture and ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri.
- Pour into glasses and top with the marshmallow creme and chocolate shavings, if desired.
- Makes 8 (1 cup) servings
Recipe inspired by Amy Richardson on Studio 5.