For today’s recipe I am posting a cake recipe, because you have to have cake with a celebration. This cake, however, is a little different than your usual cake. It’s a recipe for sopapilla cheesecake I got from Tina at Mommy’s Kitchen.
Tina’s blog is one that I have been following since shortly after my blog began. I have heard of similar recipes but never tried it until seeing Tina’s recipe. Of course this recipe includes one of my favorite ingredients, crescent roll dough. I’m telling you, you can make anything with a roll of that stuff and anything made with it is gonna be fabulous!
Now Tina served this dish as a dessert, but I used it for a breakfast. I figured that dough, cream cheese, butter, cinnamon, and sugar where basically cinnamon roll ingredients so why not make it for breakfast. It was a big hit with the whole family! So whether you want to eat this for breakfast or dessert, your mouth will definitely thank you! This recipe is also very easy to half, just make it in and 8 x 8 inch dish!
Now, tomorrow is my actual blogoversary, but I’m doing my post for it today. It’s hard to believe it has been one whole year since I started this blog. Today’s post makes 303 total posts since I began. I am so grateful to Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe, she’s the one who inspired me to give this thing a try for myself. At one point, I was doing posts 7 days a week, I have since reduced that down to 6 days. I figure, everyone deserves a day off.
Well with my blogoversary celebration, I have a giveaway. I have 4 bracelets that I will be giving away, check out the pictures below. I use to have a bead business and learned how to make my own beaded bracelets, so these are all handmade by me.
In order to enter in the giveaway, you must post a comment on today’s post with one of the following: If you are a regular follower of Real Mom Kitchen post what recipe has been your favorite that you have made from my site or if you are new to Real Mom Kitchen post about what brought you here (the site and recipe) . You must post by Sunday April 19th at midnight to be entered in the drawing. I will post the winner on Tuesday April 21st so check back to see if you are the winner.
- PILLSBURY CRESCENT ROLL DOUGH
- CREAM CHEESE
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- REAL BUTTER NOT MARGARINE
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 tubes Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- 2 8oz pkgs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup real butter not margarine
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll and press 1 can crescent rolls into the bottom of your baking dish press the seams together.
- In a separate bowl blend the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla (Tina used a tsp and a half, because she loves vanilla extract. I think it would be fun to try other extracts like almond extract) spread over top of dough.
- Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and place on top of the cream cheese mixture pressing seams together again.
- Melt butter and pour over top layer of crescents. Mix the reaming 1/2 cup of sugar & cinnamon together. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture generously over the top. If you don't think that's enough cinnamon sugar on top add more its really up to you there's no rules on this part of the recipe.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly and bottom crust is slightly brown. Cool, slice and enjoy!