I made these little babies to go along with the creamy scrambled egg recipe from yesterday. I found these Cinnamon Crescent Twists right with the egg recipe in the May issue of Simple and Delicious. However, I did make a few changes to the original recipe. It utilizes a favorite product of mine – crescent dough. These yummy twists are a cinch to make and the family loved them. I made a double batch for my crew of 5 and they were all gone. Delish!
- REFRIGERATED CRESCENT ROLLS
- BROWN SUGAR
- GROUND CINNAMON
- CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
- HOT WATER
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons hot water
- Separate crescent roll dough into four rectangles; press seams to seal.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; spread over two rectangles. Top with remaining two rectangles.
- Starting from a long side, cut each rectangle into three strips (I use my pizza cutter to do this). Twist each strip several times; seal ends together.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; brush over warm twists.