I have a yummy dessert for you today! You know that I have a recently love affair with anything citrus. I found this recipe for Orange-Lemon cake in my May issue of Simple and Delicious. I combines the citrus flavors of lemon and orange.
You use a lemon cake mix and add a box of orange Jello. Yes that is right, I said Jello! Then this yummy cake is finished off with a simple powdered sugar icing. Next time I think I’ll add some orange rind to the icing and pump up the orange flavor even more. You could also very easily change this to a lemon lime cake by using lime Jello.
- LEMON CAKE MIX
- ORANGE GELATIN
- CANOLA OIL
- CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
- ORANGE JUICE
- ORANGE RIND
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 package 18-1/4 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1 package 3 ounces orange gelatin
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange juice
- I am adding some orange rind next time
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan (I found if you use Pam BAKING spray your bundt instead of will always come out perfect. Make sure it is the BAKING spray.)
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.