Today, these orange glazed carrots are the last of the sides that I am sharing for Easter dinner. Carrots are another veggie that tends to be included with every Easter dinner. I am not sure why. Maybe it is that beautiful bright orange color that they bring to the table? Maybe it’s because rabbits like to eat carrots? (Right now, I am picturing Bugs Bunny standing and munching on a carrot then saying What’s up Doc?)
Well, no matter what the reason that Easter and carrots go together, I love carrots. And today’s recipe give new life to the carrot. These babies get coated in a sweet orange glaze. I loved them. My family said the orange flavor confused their tastes buds. My son said carrots are orange in color but should not taste like an orange.
I guess my family just haven’t caught up to my sophisticated palate yet. LOL. Citrus to me, always brightens any dish with a nice fresh flavor. That is exactly what it did for these carrots.
Well, if you are daring enough to try these orange glazed carrots that taste like oranges, they are simple to make.
- BABY CARROTS
- ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE
- BROWN SUGAR
- FRESH PARSLEY
Orange Glazed Carrots
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 lbs. baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh minced parsley
- Place 1 inch or water into the bottom of a large sauce pan. Add carrots to the sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until carrots are crisp tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, add butter, orange juice, and brown sugar. Cook over medium until butter melts. Add carrots and parsley.
- Cook over medium heat stirring to coat carrots for about 1-2 minutes or until the glaze thickens and coats the carrots well. Serves 8.