My family is big fans of chips and salsa. My husband and boys love to eat them as a snack. When I saw this recipe for super fast blender salsa from Prudy at Prudence Pennywise, it was a must try. I figured that it would be similar to salsa served at many Mexican restaurants.
It was so yummy and just like I expected. The spice is just perfect for my family, just a small kick. It you want it spicier you could add more jalapeno. The beauty of this too is it only costs around $1 to make. It has more of a fresh taste to it than your regular jarred salsa, even with the use of the canned tomatoes. Blend up a batch today, you won’t be disappointed.
- WHITE ONION
- CANNED DICED TOMATOES WITH JALAPENOS
- FRESH CILANTRO
- LIME OR LEMON
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, with some tender stems
- juice of 1 lime (or lemon will work too)
- salt, to taste
- Combine ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Puree until smooth, or leave a little chunky, if desired. I like it with a little chunk to it.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in September 2014.