Super Bowl Sunday will be here before you know. Today’s recipe for hot roast beef party sandwiches would be perfect to serve as part of the party menu. I do enjoy a good Super Bowl Party, but not because of the football. I like it for the food (obviously) and I like to check out the commercials. I also like to hang out with the girls for some good conversation.
Now back to these sandwiches. I adapted these tasty sandwiches from a Southern Living recipe. These mini sandwiches bring together the flavors of sweet with the use of peach preserves. Then you get that savory flavor from the roast beef and mustard. These hot roast beef party sandwiches also include havarti cheese which is one of my favorites. Havarti cheese has a buttery flavor and pairs well with fruit. I think it would be fun to have these at your party along with my recipe for mini ham and cheese sandwiches.
- PARTY ROLLS (I USED KING’S HAWAIIAN HAWAIIAN SWEET ROLL 12 PACK)
- PEACH PRESERVES (APRICOT WOULD ALSO BE YUMMY)
- HONEY DIJON MUSTARD
- THINLY SLICED DELI ROAST BEEF (I USED OSCAR MEYER DELI FRESH SLOW ROASTED BEEF)
- HAVARTI CHEESE
Hot Roast Beef Party Sandwiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 12 oz. packages party rolls (I used King's Hawaiian Hawaiian Sweet Roll 12 pack)
- ⅔ cup peach preserves apricot would also be yummy
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup honey dijon mustard
- 2 7 oz packages thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into 1 inch strips (I used Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Slow Roasted Beef)
- 8 slices or 1 6 oz. package of sliced Havarti cheese
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Remove rolls from packages. (Do not separate rolls.) Cut rolls in half horizontally, creating 1 top and 1 bottom per package. Spread preserves on bottom side of rolls (1/3 cup per package); sprinkle with pecans (1/4 cup per package). Top with cheese slices followed with roast beef.
- Mix together the mustard and mayo. Spread the mustard-mayonnaise mixture on the top side of rolls; top with roast beef and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Place the top of rolls on the other halves with the beef, and wrap sandwiches in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice into individual sandwiches. Serve immediately.