Today, I have a recipe for cream cheesy quick quesadillas that would be great by itself or accompanied by any great Mexican soup. This is one I adapted from Paula Deen. This quesadilla is a little different because you fill it with a combination of shredded cheese, cream cheese, and salsa. They are creamy and delicious! They are also fast and easy to make.
If you do want to serve the cream cheesy quesadillas up with a yummy Mexican soup here are some great ones.
- Black Bean Soup
- Creamy Mexican Turkey Soup
- Beefy Nacho Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Taco Soup
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
Also, here is a quick update on my daughter. She had her surgery and it went well. She woke up with no problems. The implant looks just like a usb flash drive. They said she has no fat at all on her chest, so they placed it the best they could.
Thanks to all of you for your prayers. Her surgery could not have gone any better. She was acting like her regular self once we got home. Worst part of the day is she wouldn’t stop whining about eating. Even though it was almost dinner time when we got home, she wanted to have lunch and dinner, since she missed lunch due to the surgery. We wanted her to take it slow on the food, but she would not wait.
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 4 oz of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- additional salsa for dipping
- In a bowl, blend together cheese, cream cheese, and salsa.
- Divide and spread cheese mixture over 4 of the tortillas. Top with the remaining tortillas creating 4 quesadillas.
- Brush one side of each quesadilla with melted butter.
- In a skillet, fry tortilla butter side down. Brush other side with melted butter.
- Fry quesadilla until one side is crisp and brown. Flip and cook the other side until crisp and brown. Continue this process until all the quesadillas are cooked on both sides just like a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Slice each quesadilla into 4 wedges with a pizza cutter and serve with additional salsa. Makes 4-6 servings.