This is flavorful hot roast beef sandwich that gets prepared using a slow cooker. I love how easy it is to make, just a few ingredients are needed to make this. My family loves any sandwich if it includes gravy and can be paired with mashed potatoes! This is a favorite.
You do want a good bread to be the base of this sandwich. Thick sliced bread works really well. You can get thick Texas toast from the bread isle or get an unsliced loaf of bread from a bakery and slice it thick. I like to get a loaf of thick sliced soft french bread. I happen to get it from Costco.
- 3–4 lbs. chuck or bottom round beef roast
- onion powder
- 2 pkgs. brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- enough slices of bread for 6 servings
- enough hot mashed potatoes for 6 servings
- Season roast with the salt, pepper, and onion powder and place in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the gravy mix and water. Then pour around the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove roast from the crock pot and shred. Skim fat off of gravy is needed.
- Serve beef over bread with mashed potatoes on the side and top all of it with gravy. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from the Magical Slow Cooker.