Today I am sharing a way to use the delicious roasted red pepper sandwich spread I shared with you yesterday. It is a fabulous sandwich using one of my favorite cheeses, havarti! These are ham and havarti sub sandwiches.
All the elements of this sandwich work so well together and that sandwich spread really makes it divine! It makes a quick dinner or is perfect to take on a picnic. I’m really liking the idea of taking it in a picnic basket to an outdoor concert for a date night with a group of friends.
I love making this using a loaf of french bread from Sam’s Club. I love these loaves for sandwiches because they aren’t extremely wide and have a soft crust.
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 – 1 recipe roasted red pepper sandwich spread
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 8 oz thinly sliced honey ham
- 8 oz thinly sliced black forest ham
- 6 slices havarti cheese
- Spread both halves of the french bread loaf. You want a nice layer, but not to heavy. I didn’t use the whole recipe of roasted red pepper sandwich spread.
- Sprinkle dill weed over the sandwich spread on the top half of the french bread loaf.
- Top bottom half of french bread loaf with spinach followed by the hams and slices of cheese. Then top with top half of the french bread loaf.
- Cut into 8 sandwiches and serve. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Paula Deen.