Today’s sandwich to end my delicious sandwich week is these hot baked Italian Subs. They are so full of flavor. You are gonna love them.
You gotta start with a good Italian roll for these. Look at the bakery department of your local grocery store to find one You can always opt for a baugette and make 3 sandwiches that will be skinnier and longer if needed.
Next, the meats for these hot baked Italian subs will usually will need to be purchased from the deli department. You want good quality and not all of them are available on the sandwich meat isle. This sandwich has a nice assortment including capriola, applewood smoked ham, salami, and pepperoni. You will also need some provolone cheese too.
Then you need some bottled banana peppers and Italian sandwich mix from the isle where the pickles are located. The banana peppers aren’t really spicy, but are pickled and have a great flavor. The italian sandwich mix includes green peppers, celery, carrots, cauliflower, red bell peppers, olives, and spices. They package them in a combination of oils and vinegars giving it a pickled flavor too.
There is a variation of ingredients that you use on this sandwich, that is why they have so much flavor. Oh, and don’t forget some olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled in the bread too.Print
- 2 (6 inch) Italian sub rolls
- Olive oil for drizzle
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzle
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1/4 cup Italian Sandwich Mix
- 8 thin slices of capicola ham
- 1/2 lb ham applewood smoked
- 8–10 thin slices of salami
- 8–10 thin slices of pepperoni
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 derees.
- Slice rolls in half but don’t cut all the way through. Pull the halves apart and drizzle with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- On one half of each roll place the banana peppers. On the other half, spread the Italian Sandwich Mix.
- DIvide the capicola, ham, salami, pepperoni and provolone cheese layering over the banana peppers.
- Sprinkle some Italian seasoning the sandwich. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes. Serves 2.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Recipe adapted from Will Cook for Smiles.