It’s taco Tuesday and do I have a great recipe for you! Grab your Instant Pot to make these Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos. All you need to make these yummy tacos is some chicken, a jar of salsa verde and a few spices.
First thing you do for this is place 2 lbs of chicken breasts into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Then you are gonna sprinkle some cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt over the chicken. Then you pour the jar of salsa verde salsa over the chicken.
Now you are going to cook this chicken in your Instant Pot for 14 minutes. Then you allow for a natural pressure release for 8 minutes. Last you shred the chicken. Now, it’s time to eat these tacos.
To serve these tacos, place this chicken in your tortillas of choice along with the toppings you prefer. I love some cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. Some pico de gallo would also be wonderful. This chicken is also delicious to use to make a quesadilla. Just make it the same way I make my sweet pork quesadillas and swap the pork for the chicken.Print
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa verde
- For the Tacos:
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- Place chicken in the bottom of the Instatn Pot. Sprinkle with spices over the chicken and then pour the salsa verde over top.
- Cover and make sure valve is set to seal. Cook with manual mode on HIGH pressure for 14 minutes followed by a 8 minute natural pfessure release.
- Turn the valve for a quick release to let out remaining pressure. Then shred chicken in the pot with all the juices. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl.
- Assemble tacos on totrillas with desired toppings. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.