There is something that is so fun about a mini sandwich like these Mini Italian Sub Sandwiches. A mini sandwich is just so cute. I guess it’s the same as a baby, kitty, or puppy. They are all mini versions and they draw us in with their cuteness.
Well, not only are these mini Italian sub sandwiches cute, but they taste amazing! Pick any kind of roll or slider roll you like. I happen to use King’s Hawaiian Rolls. They are the right size. They are also super soft with a little sweetness to them.
Now if you are using something like a package of King’s Hawaiian rolls, where the rolls are all connected. You can slice the whole thing in half, and make one big sandwich to begin with. Then you can slice them into the individual rolls to make the mini subs. I like the look of the sandwiches when you make them each individually, but it works either way.
These subs include a flavorful spread that all begins with some mayo. Then you add in a couple of extra ingredients to up the flavor. The sandwich filling itself includes ham, salami, lettuce and sliced banana peppers. The banana peppers are the last touch that really make these mini subs delicious.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 16 rolls or slider rolls, halved
- 16 thin slices Black Forest Ham
- 4 slices Genoa Salami, quartered
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese, quartered
- 1 ripe tomato, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups finely shredded lettuce
- jarred banana pepper rings
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic and oregano together. Spread the mixture on the insides of the top half of the rolls.
- Divide the ham, salami and provolone evenly between the rolls. Top with the tomatoes, lettuce, banana pepper rings and red onion, if using.
- Close the sandwiches and secure with a wooden pick if desired. Makes 16 slider sandwiches.