This post may contain affiliate links.
With the price of eggs being so high, I wanted to try out a recipe for waffles that did not need eggs. This recipe for easy eggless waffles was perfect.
These easy eggless waffles start with mixing the dry ingredients together in a bowl. The dry ingredients include flour, baking soda, and sugar. Then in another bowl you whisk together some milk, canola oil, water, vanilla, and melted butter. Then add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix together. The batter will be lumpy.
Now you need to allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes. This will give that baking powder time to activate and let the batter puff up. Then it’s time to cook the batter in the waffle maker. Since there is just 3 of us now, I cooked them in my Dash mini waffle iron.
Top these however you want. We enjoyed them with fresh slice strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup. We also had some fresh whipped cream too. My buttermilk syrup or cinnamon roll syrup would also be excellent on these. My husband did tell me these were good, but he still prefers my recipes that include eggs in the batter.
- BAKING POWDER
- CANOLA OIL
Easy Eggless Waffles
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, oil, water, vanilla and butter together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together gently. It will be slightly lumpy.
- Allow the batter to rest for a 5 minutes to give it time to puff up.
- Once your waffle maker is ready to go, scoop the batter according to the manufacturers instructions.
This recipe is adapted from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs.