This crustless ham and cheddar quiche is a great recipe to use up any leftover Easter ham. I love a good pastry crust with a quiche, but some of my family does not. So a crustless version is a great option. It is also healthier to eat and easier to make.
You only need 5 ingredient to make this crustless ham and cheddar quiche. It includes ham, sharp cheddar cheese, eggs, heavy cream, and green onion. Start with pie pan and grease it with some butter. Then add in 3/4 of the cheese to the pan followed by the diced ham and green onion.
Next, add the eggs and cream to a bowl and whisk together until well combine. Pour this mixture into the pie pan over the ham, cheese, and green onion. You can poke around in the pan with a butter knife to help the egg mixture get down into the ham and cheese. Now sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the cheese over the pie pan.
Last thing you need to do is bake it at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes until set in the center. I put a knife in the center and make sure it’s not runny. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Such a simple and tasty dish to serve for breakfast or even dinner. Just pair with a muffin and fruit.
- COOKED HAM
- SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- HEAVY CREAM
- GREEN ONIONS
Crustless Ham and Cheddar Quiche
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ½ cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9″ pie pan with butter.
- Place 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese in the bottom of prepared pie dish. Then sprinkle with the ham and green onion.
- In a bowl, whist the eggs and cream together until well combine. Pour into the pie pan. Then sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until sides are firm, and center set. You can check this by placing a knife in the center to make sure it is not runny. Check about 1/2 way through cooking and if it starts to get too brown, you can place a piece of foil over the top. Just lay it gently on top.
- Remove from oven cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Serves 6.
This recipe is adapted from The Gay Globetrotter.