Whether you serve this simple crustless quiche for breakfast or for dinner, you are gonna love it any time of day.
The fact that this quiche has no crust makes it really easy to prepare. No crust also saves you on calories. This quiche includes bacon along with mushrooms, green onion, tomatoes, and cheese. It is the perfect combination of ingredients. You can always swap out the bacon for sausage or ham if you want to.
I usually like to pair quiche with a muffin or a fresh fruit and yogurt parfait. The muffins shown in the picture are my recipe for apple fritter muffins. I also have many other great recipes for muffins in my archives.
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserving 1 Tbsp drippings)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 green onions (green part), chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Add the 1 Tbsp bacon drippings to a skillet. Add on mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and mix in bacon, onions and tomatoes.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream until well blended. Pour into greased 13×9-inch baking dish and then top with bacon mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand about 5 minutes to cool before serving. Serves 8-12.
Recipe adapted from Simply Stacie.