The base of these Turkey Over Italy Sandwiches all begins with a loaf of french bread. I love grabbing a fresh loaf from my local grocery store.
This sandwich is pretty simple to put together, but the combination of ingredients for this is what makes it so amazing. It is one of my new favorite sandwiches.
The pesto mayo is part of what makes this sandwich so tasty. However, the lettuce what really adds to this sandwich. It gets tossed with red vinegar and oregano.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 lb thin sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 lb slice provolone cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into thin slices
- 1 jar pepperoncinis, drained
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- In a bowl, mix mayo and pesto together.
- Slice french bread in half lengthwise. Spread pesto mixture over both sides of the cut loaf.
- On the bottom layer, top with cheese followed by turkey and then pepperoncinis.
- Toss lettuce with the vinegar and oregano and layer on the bottom of the sandwich. Top with the top half of the french bread and slice into 6-8 sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from Family Favorite Recipes.