Holiday breakfast week continues today with a delicious crustless sausage and cheese quiche. You can pair it with the recipe for simple fluffly waffles that I shared with you yesterday. It would also be great to serve along side a delicious muffin, with some yogurt and fruit too. NO matter what you choose the pair this quiche with, I think your family will love it.
With this quiche you only need four ingredients – sausage, cheese, egg, and milk. It really is a breeze to put together. You could even cook the sausage up the day or night before. This would help make putting this crustless sausage and quiche together in the morning even easier.
You could always swap out the sausage for some cooked bacon or ham if you want. Any breakfast meat would be delicious in this quiche. I used cheddar cheese in this, but that’s another place you can change up the flavor in this quiche. It all gets cooked in a pie plate and is ready to enjoy in about 40 minutes. I love that it cuts into nicely shaped wedges to serve.
- BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
- SHREDDED CHEESE
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown sausage until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease. Add the sausage to a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the sausage.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Pour over the sauasage and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a knife insterted in the center comes out clean. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Mercy is New.