I love to use my slow cooker for meals in the Fall and Winter. It is even better when you use it with a recipe that requires little effort. I found this recipe for easy barbecue pork sandwiches and adapted it slightly. It came from the January 2010 issue from Pillsbury I check out from my library. It was titled Slow Cooker. I liked this recipe because it combined barbecue sauce along with sweet and sour sauce. It also utilizes boneless country style pork ribs which are usually on sale often at the grocery store.
- BARBECUE SAUCE
- SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- BONELESS COUNTRY-STYLE PORK RIBS
- KAISER ROLLS OR HAMBURGER BUNS
Easy Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 2 lbs. boneless country-style pork ribs cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- extra barbecue sauce
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Put pork in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine sauces and garlic. Mix well and pour over pork.
- Cover; cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork and place on plate. Shred pork by pulling apart with two forks. Pour juice from slow cooker into a bowl and reserve.
- Place pork back in slow cooker and add enough juice to moisten meat. Add additional barbecue sauce to make meat to desired sauciness.
- Spoon meat and rolls and enjoy.