This post contains affiliate links.
I love making bbq pork in the slow cooker. The meat is always so tender. This Smoky BBQ Pork Sandwiches recipe begins with a paste on the roast made from spices and liquid smoke. The liquid smoke gives it a nice smoky flavor just like you cooked this roast over some nice smoky wood chips.
Now when you finish cooking the meat, you can serve it naked. Or top it with the bbq sauce or mix the sauce in and serve it that way. You can always add some coleslaw on the sandwiches too if you’d like. I love this smoky BBQ pork sandwiches that way! You can get some from the deli counter at your grocery store or put together this coleslaw recipe in no time!
- BONELESS PORK LOIN ROAST
- GARLIC POWDER
- DRY MUSTARD
- LIQUID SMOKE
- BBQ SAUCE
- LARGE BUNS
Smoky BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- 2–3 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1 (16-20 oz) bottle BBQ Sauce, plus additional if desired for serving
- 8–12 large buns (depending on the size of your roast)
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried mustard, and liquid smoke creating a paste like consistency.
- Poke roast in several places with a fork and spread the paste all over the outside on the roast.
- Place in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When cooked, remove roast from the slow cooker and shred. Place meat back into the slow cooker to absorb juices. At this point you, you can place the meat as is on the bun and top with bbq sauce or mix the whole bottle of bbq sauce into the meat and serve on buns w/ extra bbq sauce if desired. Either way works great. Makes 8 -12 large sandwiches, depending on the size of roast used.
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff.
Do you mix the bbq sauce in the paste that goes on the roast as well? I can’t wait to try this recipe. It looks so good!
This turned out delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe.