This recipe for Corn Stacks is a variation on a recipe I have shared before for Frito Pie. You serve both over Frito corn chips but each have a different “chili” to serve over top. This version is comes together quickly on the stove top. My other version is one you make in the slow cooker.
I love the chili that this recipe makes. It has a great balance of spicy and sweet. You can always make it spicier if you like it that way and I have included instructions on how to do that. This chili includes some ground beef, onion, garlic, ketchup, brown sugar, and 2 cans of chili beans.
Once you get the ground beef cooked with the onion and garlic, you mix in the rest of the ingredients. Then this chili only needs 5 minutes to simmer together.
Now is the time to assemble this whole thing together. You start with a base of Frito corn chilps. This then gets topped with some of the chili. Now is where the real fun comes in with the toppings. You can add on some lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream. If you have other toppings that you think would be tasty, feel free to use them.
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 16 oz cans chili beans in mild sauce (I used Bush's) **
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar you can leave this out if you aren't a fan of sweet
- 1 10.5 oz bag Fritos corn chips
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes or salsa
- sour cream
- In a skillet, brown the hamburger with onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any grease.
- Add the chili beans, ketchup, and brown sugar to the beef. Combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a hand full of corn chips on each plate followed by some of the chili. Then top with desired toppings. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Serendipity Mommy.