Now, my kids don’t eat this piled up like you’re suppose to do. They like it in a bowl with the toppings and then they dip their Fritos in it. They oppose the chips getting soft at all.
On the other hand, I like to eat it the way the recipe suggests. My husband kind of eats his more like soup. He has it in a bowl, with the toppings on it, then puts the Fritos on top. What can I say, they’re all a little weird that way. Everyone has their own way of eating it. However, everyone enjoys it. We also just use sour cream, cheese, and green onion to top ours.
- GROUND BEEF
- CANNED PORK AND BEANS
- CANNED CHOPPED GREEN CHILIES
- TOMATO SAUCE
- TABASCO SAUCE (I LEAVE THIS OUT)
- FRITOS CORN CHIPS
- SHREDDED CHEESE
- SOUR CREAM
- DICED GREEN ONION
- 1/2 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (16 oz cans) pork and beans, pork removed
- 1 (4 oz can) chopped green chilies
- 1 (8 oz can) tomato sauce
- 4 to 6 drops Tabasco sauce (I leave this out)
- 1 bag (15 oz) Fritos Corn Chips
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- diced green onion
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a greased 3 to 4 1/2 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Scoop over a handful of Fritos and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and green onion. Makes 6 – 8 servings (I think it makes more like 5 servings)