It’s hard to believe that I have another Mexican dish for you all (NOT!). This one is a salad, more specifically a hot taco salad. This recipe makes enough for 2 meals. This way you can eat one now and freeze the rest for another night when you need a meal in a jiffy.
This hot taco salad is topped with a hot (temperature wise, not spice wise) saucy ground beef mixture. I kept the spice level to a minimum. However, you can always adjust it by the kind of tomatoes, taco seasoning, and taco sauce you use. I also kept the toppings to a minimum too. Yet, you can always add anything else you enjoy on a taco salad. Taco salad is always one way that I can always get the whole family to eat salad for dinner.Print
- 2½ lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 cup canned tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup taco sauce
- 1 (10¾ oz) can tomato soup
- lettuce (you need 2 heads for the whole recipe)
- diced tomato
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- sliced olives
- In a large sauce pan, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in the taco seasoning, canned tomatoes, ketchup, chili powder, taco sauce, and tomato soup.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
- To make salads, place lettuce on each plate followed by Fritos and meat mixture. Then top each salad with desired remaining toppings. Makes 8-10 main dish salads.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican