This post contains affiliate links.
This quick and easy creamy beef taco pasta incorporates a simple sauce made incorporating ground beef, taco seasoning, beef broth and tomato paste.
Great ready for a new recipe to add to your regular meal rotation. This creamy ground beef taco pasta was a hit with my family. My husband compared it to hamburger helper, but much better and with a taco twist.
I used radiatore pasta when I made this for dinner. However, any medium sized pasta would work. Medium shells of bowties would also be great ones to use.
The ground beef gets browned in a skillet along with some red bell pepper and onion. Once that is fully cooked you drain the excess grease and mix in some garlic, taco seasoning, and salt. Next you add in some butter. Once you melt that and combine it with the beef you sprinkle in some four. This is what will thicken the sauce.
Now you add in some beef broth and tomato paste. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken. Now the creamy part to the sauce comes in. You add sour cream and shredded cheese. Once that is combined and melted, it’s time to mix in the cooked pasta and enjoy!
Creamy Beef Taco Pasta
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 3 cups uncooked Radiatore pasta (medium shells or bowties would work too)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican 3 cheese blend, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the ground beef along with the red bell pepper and onion, until beef is fully cooked. Drain any excess grease from pan.
- Add in the garlic, taco seasoning and salt. Stir to combine. Add in the butter and melt into beef. Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir, cooking an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until the flour is absorbed into the beef.
- Gradually mix the beef broth to the pan, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a simmer and add in the tomato paste. Cook until thickened.
- Add in the sour cream and cheese. Stir until well combined and cheese is melted. Add the sauce to the cooked pasta and stir to coat. Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
This recipe is adapted from I Wash, You Dry.