Today’s recipe for pasta with roasted tomatoes and garlic is perfect for summer dinner. It incorporates cherry or grape tomatoes which is excellent if you have them in your garden or you can get them from a farmer’s market.
Even though this is a pasta dish it isn’t a heavy meal like you would expect from pasta. The sauce used makes it light and refreshing. It was a nice change and we loved it. Plus, only 5 ingredients (I don’t count sauce as an ingredient)are needed to make it!
Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ½ pd. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 12 cloves of garlic peeled
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 16 oz package of uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 oz light cream cheese softened
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and garlic with the olive oil until coated. The pour onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 14-16 minutes. Do not open oven with the tomatoes are cooking, or it just may set off your smoke alarm.
- While tomatoes are cooking, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once tomatoes are cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Set aside 18 tomatoes for serving.
- Transfer the remaining tomatoes, garlic, and oil to a food processor. Add in the cream cheese and salt. Process until smooth.
- Add sauce to the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Serve each serving topped with 3 of the remaining whole tomatoes. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.