Cookie and salad – are those two things that can co-exist together? With this recipe they can, but really this could just qualify as a dessert. Call it a salad and you can feel better as serving it as part of your meal. There is fruit it this so that helps qualify as healthy, right? And it has pudding so that is your dairy – right?
This recipe has been around a while here in Utah. I am not sure where it came from but this is my version. It is delicious and my family looks forward to cookie salad! The cookies soften and it gets all yummy! I served mine up this time in individual bowl.
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup of milk
- 12 oz of cool whip
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, halved and well drained
- 1 (11.5 oz) pkg. fudge stripped cookies, crushed (save a few if you want to garnish the salad)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding and milk until well blended. Fold in the cool whip.
- Then fold in the fruit and crushed cookies and refrigerate for at least one hour. Garnish with reserved cookies if desired.