Cookie and salad – are those two things that can co-exist together? With this cooke salad recipe they can, but really this could just qualify as a dessert. Call it a salad and you can feel better as serving it as part of your meal. There is fruit it this so that helps qualify as healthy, right? And it has pudding so that is your dairy – right?
This all begins with making up a package of instant vanilla pudding mix with a cup of milk. Next, you fold in a 12 oz container of cool whip. Now, this is where the fruit and cookies come in. You add in pineapple, mandarin oranges, bananas, and marachino cherries along with broken fudge striped cookies. This all gets folded in to the pudding/Cool Whip mixture.
At this point if needs to go in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. The pudding needs some time to set up. Plus, it also gives those ingredients some time to hang out and marry together.
This recipe is one that has been around a while here in Utah. I am not exactly sure where it came from but this is my version. It is delicious and my family looks forward to eating cookie salad! The cookies soften and it gets all yummy! I served mine up this time in individual bowls.
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 3.4 oz pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup of milk
- 12 oz of cool whip
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 bananas sliced
- ½ cup maraschino cherries halved and well drained
- 1 11.5 oz pkg. fudge stripped cookies, crushed (save a few if you want to garnish the salad)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding and milk until well blended. Fold in the cool whip.
- Then fold in the fruit and crushed cookies and refrigerate for at least one hour. Garnish with reserved cookies if desired.