It’s getting to be that time of the year when you need to make dinner but you want to beat the heat. Today’s recipe for chicken enchilada salad wraps is one that I created with that in mind. Your kitchen won’t heat up more just because you are fixin’ dinner and this recipe would work great for a picnic in the park too. This recipe all begins with a can of Swanson’s chunk chicken. With no need to cook the chicken, not only do you get the benefits of a cool house but it also makes this a cinch to whip together.
The recipe is a fusion a chicken salad and chicken enchiladas. You get those flavors you find in a chicken enchilada with the convenience of a chilled chicken salad. I incorporated a can of black beans into these Today’s recipe for chicken enchilada salad wraps is one that I created with that in mind. Your kitchen won’t heat up more just because you are fixin’ dinner. But if you would prefer, you can always use another can of chicken in it’s place.Print
- 3 oz. light cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12.5 oz) can Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken, drained and broken up
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained (like Ro*Tel)
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 burrito sized tortillas, warm just enough to soften them
- In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, and garlic.
- Fold in the cheese, chicken, tomatoes with green chilies, green onion and cilantro into the cream cheese mixture.
- Divide mixture between the tortillas and top with lettuce. Roll up burrito style and serve.
Recipe inspired by My Fabulous Recipes.
Disclosure: I was provided product and compensation for my creation of this recipe and post.