These bbq chicken wraps are a perfect way to use up leftover chicken. I think they are best when they are made with leftover grilled chicken. I used leftover citrus and mustard grilled chicken. You could also use leftover shredded bbq chicken and forgo the bbq sauce in the recipe. However, I love the chunks of chicken in this recipe.
I also made my own coleslaw for these wraps, but you can always use leftover or get some from your local deli. Just be sure to drain the coleslaw so you don’t end up with soggy bbq chicken wraps. I didn’t drain mine for the picture, I used a slotted. I drained the coleslaw for the rest and it worked perfectly. If you like more crunch to your slaw then use it immediately and there will be no need to drain your slaw.Print
- 1 (16 oz) bag of coleslaw mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 grilled chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 5–6 burrito sized flour tortillas (mine were about 10 inches wide)
- Place cabbage into a large bowl. Place mayonnaise, sugar, mustard and honey into a small bowl and mix together. Pour and stir into cabbage until combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, combine the chicken strips and bbq sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasinally, until heated through.
- In a skillet, cook the green pepper, red pepper, and onion until slightly tender.
- Remove the coleslaw from the fridge and drain. You want to remove the excess liquid so you don’t end up with a soggy wrap.
- To assemble the wrap: Place some of the chicken in the middle of the tortilla. Then top with some of the onion/pepper mixture, followed by coleslaw. Wrap up the tortilla burrito style. If desired, cut each wrap in half on a diagonal.
Inspired by Kraft’s bbq chicken roll-up recipe.