This shockingly simple coleslaw is the side dish recipe I promised. Did you guess it was coleslaw from yesterday’s picture? I found this recipe on Picky Palate. She served it on her shredded bbq chicken sliders. Now with the recipe from yesterday for the Tex-Mex Beef Barbecues, you can serve it on the the sandwiches it self, which makes an even messier sandwich or you can serve it on the side.
When I made this I tried both. I did half the sandwich with and half the sandwich without. Do which ever you like, but I preferred the salad on the side. The great taste of the coleslaw got lost on the sandwich. All I could really taste was the barbecue beef.
I loved it on the side. Also, I let the slaw sit in the fridge for 1 hour before serving. I like my slaw a little less crunchy than straight from mixing it all together. Again either way you like it, you can do it. I also think it would be tasty to throw in a chopped apple before serving too. I think it would compliment these flavors well.
- COLESLAW MIX
- MAYONNAISE OR MIRACLE WHIP
- DIJON MUSTARD (I USED HONEY DIJON)
- 16 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise or miracle whip (I’m a mayo girl)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (I used honey Dijon)
- 1 tsp honey
- Place cabbage into a large bowl. Place mayonnaise, sugar, mustard and honey into a small bowl and mix together. Pour and stir into cabbage until combined. Serve immediately for a crunchy slaw or refrigerate for 1 hour for a more tender slaw.