When I was making the pulled chicken slider sandwiches that I shared with you yesterday, I wanted to have coleslaw to go with them. I have some recipes for slaw, but I was in the mood for one with pineapple in it. I have had pineapple coleslaw before, but hadn’t made it myself. So I adapted a recipe that I found from Taste of Home.
This one is really simple and only uses 4 ingredients. So today’s post is short and sweet just like this slaw. If your pineapple doesn’t get the slaw sweet enough for you, you can always add a little sugar. This pineapple coleslaw was also yummy on the sliders with the pulled chicken.
- COLESLAW MIX
- UNSWEETENED CRUSHED PINEAPPLE
- CELERY SEED
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple drained (I cup after it's drained)
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise I used canola mayo
- In a large bowl, combine the first three ingredients. (You can add some salt and pepper too if you'd like)
- Add mayonnaise and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serves 4.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in June 2017.