School’s out for summer! My kids finished school last week. With summer now comes BBQs, picnics, and other gatherings. Often with those events you may be asked to bring along a salad. So this week, I am sharing salads worthy of any summer gathering beginning with this macaroni coleslaw.
Macaroni salad and coleslaw are classic summer salads that can be frequently found at summer meals. However, I bet you’ve never had macaroni coleslaw! The recipe I am sharing today combines those 2 classic salads into one and it actually works quite well.
This salad includes finely chopped onion, celery, and green pepper. My family usually aren’t big fans of onion, celery, or green pepper, but if they are finely chopped enough they will eat them without question. So, I use my mini food processor to finely chop them. I add in each one separately and then I just pulse until it reaches the desired consistency.
- 1–1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 oz) pkg or 1 3/4 cup ditalini pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
- 1 (14 oz) pkg coleslaw mix
- 1 finely chopped medium onions
- 2 ribs of finely chopped celery
- 1 medium finely diced cucumber
- 1 medium finely chopped green pepper
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.