I love fresh berries and my local grocery store has had them on sale for amazing prices recently. Now you could serve berries just by themselves at your next summer gathering or you could serve this berry cheesecake salad.
You can use any combination of fresh berries in this salad. I used strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Then it all gets coated in a simple cheesecake flavored mixture make from cheesecake pudding, cream cheese, and sour cream.
This salad also has a great patriotic look to it. It would be perfect to serve at any 4th of July gathering too.
- 1/2 of an 8 oz pkg light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 8 cups mixed fresh berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Add in milk 1/2 cup at a time beating after each addition.
- Add in the pudding mix and beat for 2 minutes. Fold in the fruit and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Serves 16.
Recipe adapted from Kraft.