When I was on Studio 5 last week I was able to meet Amy Richardson. It was fun to be able to talk with someone else who has a passion for food and Amy really makes some fabulous food. Anyway, a few days later Amy was back on the show and shared this simple triple berry salad.
I knew I had to try it the moment I saw it. It is a easy way to jazz up some fresh fruit. The dressing for this fresh fruit salad is fabulous it adds a nice and creamy tang to the fruit. Love it! It tastes to light and refreshing. This dressing would also work well for many other salads or fruit combination too.
- fresh strawberries
- fresh raspberries
- fresh blueberries
- sour cream (I used reduced fat)
- Mint leaves, optional
Triple Berry Salad with Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup strawberries quartered
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sour cream I used reduced fat
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon I reserved a little for garnish
- ¼ tsp poppy seeds
- Mint leaves for garnish I didn't use this
- In a medium sized bowl, lightly toss together berries. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and poppy seeds. Serve berries at room temperature drizzled with dressing.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves (or lemon zest).