These crunchy southwest chicken wraps is a perfect meal for summer. Just grab an already cooked rotisserie chicken and you are set. No need to cook and heat up the kitchen.
First thing you want to do to make these crunchy southwest chicken wraps is to mix up the sauce. The sauce is a simple combination or sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning. I try to do this a little ahead of time and place it in the fridge to let those flavors meld together.
Next you need to gather together the ingredients to fill the wrap. You’ve got that rotisserie chicken you need to chop up or shred. You will need 2 cups total. Then you need some shredded lettuce, diced tomato, shredded cheese, crushed Frito chips and guacamole or diced avocado. I personally prefer the guacamole.
Now your are gonna take some large flour tortillas tortillas to wrap all of these ingredients in. Start by placing your avocado or spreading a little guacamole in the enter of the tortilla. Then on top of that add some chicken, shredded cheese, and tomato. Then drizzle it all with some of the sauce and then top with the Fritos and shredded lettuce. Roll up burrito style and you are good to go. I love the combination of flavors and the crunch and flavor the Fritos add.
- SOUR CREAM
- TACO SEASONING
- LARGE TORTILLAS (WRAP SIZE)
- GUACAMOLE OR AVOCADO
- COOKED CHICKEN, SHREDDED OR DICED
- SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SHREDDED LETTUCE
Crunchy Southwest Chicken Wraps
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 large tortillas wrap size
- ½ cup guacamole or 1 whole avocado diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup tomato diced
- 1 cup Fritos crushed
- 1 ⅓ cups shredded lettuce
- In a bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients. I like to do this at least an hour before we want to eat and give it some time in the fridge.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a cutting board. Spread some guacamole on the center of the tortilla. Then top with 1/2 cup chicken, 2 Tbsp spoons of cheese, and 1/4 of the tomato. Drizzle with some of the sauce. Then top with 1/4 cup of the Fritos and 1/3 cup of the lettuce.
- Fold in the sides and roll tightly. Repeat with the remaining wraps. Cut in half to serve. Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is adapted from Dinner, Dishes, and Desserts.