This is a simplified version of a classic Philadelphia cheese steak sandwich. You sue ground beef and flour tortillas to make these delicious philly cheese steak wraps. It’s as easy as cooking up a pound of ground beef in a skillet along with some diced red peppers, onions, salt, and pepper.
Then, the beef mixture gets wrapped up in a flour tortilla along with some shredded provolone cheese. You can eat it just like that. However, I like to them place these wraps in a panini press before eating them. This helps make the provolone cheese nice and melty. It also adds some crispness to the outside of the flour tortilla.
Now, if you want to skip the provolone cheese inside the wraps, I have a recipe for a great provolone sauce. You could make that and use to dip these wraps in. So, this is just another option for serving up these easy and delicious philly wraps. Any cheese steak lover will enjoy this tasty and easy variation on the classic.
- GROUND BEEF
- RED BELL PEPPERS
- PROVOLONE CHEESE
- LARGE TORTILLAS
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 oz shredded provolone
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 large tortillas
- In a skillet, cook ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in onion and bell pepper. Cook until veggies soften.
- Place all 8 tortillas flat on the work surface. Divide the beef mixture evenly between each tortilla. Then divide sheese between each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas burrito style.
- You can serve them immediately or grill in a panini press until golden. Serves 8.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Mom Dish.