One of my favorite salads is a Caesar salad. I make it often at home to pair with Italian dishes and I order it frequently when we eat out. I love the creamy Caesar dressing paired with crunchy croutons and sharp parmesan cheese. It makes my mouth happy.
This bowtie chicken Caesar salad recipe amps up the typical salad. It adds in chicken which is an addition you can see often, especially when using it as a main dish. You can cook your own chicken or store bought rotisserie is a great option to use in this recipe.
However, this version has the addition of pasta, more specifically bowtie pasta. It makes it even more fantastic. There is also almonds added in this bowtie chicken Caesar salad which is also a welcoming surprise. I used almonds that were seasoned with sea salt and pepper. I found them on the isle with the crutons.
Here is what you need to make the Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad
- ROMAINE LETTUCE
- COOKED CHICKEN
- BOWTIE PASTA
- SEASONED SLICE ALMONDS, FOUND IN THE SALAD DRESSING ISLE (I USED SEA SALT AND PEPPER FLAVORED, BUT ROASTED GARLIC WOULD ALSO BE GOOD)
- GARLIC CROUTONS
- CAESAR SALAD DRESSING, I USED NEWMAN’S OWN
Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups dry bowtie pasta cooked
- 1 cup seasoned slice almonds found in the salad dressing isle (I used sea salt and place flavored, but roasted garlic would also be good)
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- Caesar salad dressing I used Newman’s Own
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl , except the dressing. Toss together and slowly add dressing while tossing until coated.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.