One of my favorite salads is a caesar salad. I make it often at home to pair with Italian dishes and I order it frequently when we eat out.
I love the creamy caesar dressing paired with crunchy croutons and sharp parmesan cheese. It makes my mouth happy.
This recipe amps up the typical caesar salad by adding chicken which is an addition you see often, especially when using it as a main dish. However, the version has the addition of pasta, more specifically bowtie pasta. It makes it even more fantastic. There is also almonds added in this bowtie chicken caesar salad which is also a welcoming surprise.
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups dry bowtie pasta, cooked
- 1 cup seasoned slice almonds, found in the salad dressing isle (I used sea salt and place flavored, but roasted garlic would also be good)
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- Caesar salad dressing, I used Newman’s Own
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl , except the dressing. Toss together and slowly add dressing while tossing until coated.
- Category: salad, main dish
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.