Today’s Italian chopped salad recipe is one that is full of flavor. It has a flavorful dressing along with many ingredients in the salad that are flavorful too!
This salad includes summer sausage, provolone cheese, marinated artichokes, and stuffed olives. I love the saltiness that the stuffed olives have but you could always use regular old black olives, which are less salty in flavor, in their place. I just love the flavor combination of these ingredients. It’s like an Italian sub but in salad form.
This Italian Chopped Salad is another salad that is hearty enough you can serve it as a main dish or share it as a pot luck meal.
Italian Chopped Salad
- 1 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cubed summer sausage
- 1 cup cubed Provolone (or Mozzarella)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts , drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup pimento stuffed olives , halved
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, add the Romaine, chickpeas, sausage, cheese, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, green onions along with the cooked pasta.
- In a mason jar or dressing bottle, add all the dressing ingredients. Cover with the lid and shake until completely combined and thickened. Drizzle over salad ingredients and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or chill for an hour.
- Category: Salad, Main Dish, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Recipe adapted from Belly Full.